Copy of Services
There are many reasons why parents book in to see me with their children, from concerns about their flat head (plagiocephaly), torticollis or hip dysplasia, to reflux, breastfeeding difficulties and tongue-tie assessment, and scoliosis.
As you are no doubt aware babies and children don’t always fit neatly into categories, nor do they have set routines for very long. This means that every consultation is unique to the individual child. Broadly speaking there are 3 different consultation categories I provide, however very often parents end up a combination of all within the one appointment.
Osteopathy: “hands-on” gentle manual therapy for children of all ages
Infant feeding and lactation support for mum and baby
Tongue-tie assessment, and pre and post-frenotomy care
- Plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome)
- Tongue Tie
- Developmental Hip Dysplasia
- Schurman’s disease
- Severe’s disease, Osgood Schlatter’s
- Metatarsus Adductus
Infant Feeding & Lactation Support
- Breastfeeding latch and positioning
- Pain, engorgement & mastitis
- Tongue & Lip Tie assessment (and frenotomy before & after-care)
- Reflux and Colic
- Pumping/Return-to-work/Bottle feeding
- Nursing strikes and Weaning
- Sleep and Settling
- Failure to thrive
- Food intolerances & allergies
Tongue Tie Examination & Treatment
- The assessment of TOT’s (tethered oral tissues) including the tongue, lip, buccal and lower lip (mentalis).
- It involves a functional assessment of the oral cavity, including suck strength, swallow oral muscle tone, cranial mobility and skeletal alignment (Eg. Torticollis).
- Feeding observation and recommendations (either breast or bottle)
- Suck training/exercises (if necessary)
- Report and referral to a provider for release (if indicated)
- Pre and post-frenotomy treatment (osteopathy including cranial) and ongoing feeding support.
Are you and your baby are in need of some advice and support?
Not sure what appointment to book? Don’t worry just call 02 4655 5588 today so we can discuss your needs and help get you and your baby thriving, not just surviving this early parenting period!